Tuesday, September 4, 2012

College: Who Wouldda Thought?

Soooo... I started college two weeks ago. Weird. But moving to Logan with practically no friends and no idea what I'm doing has been an extremely great experience so far. I've met so many cool people and realized that life in Utah County isn't the only thing out there for me. I refuse to continue to hold onto the things and people that did nothing good for me when I was there. This is a new chapter in my life and I plan to take advantage of every opportunity that I can while I'm here. I'm going to go to football, soccer, baseball, and basketball games. I'm going to take extremely hard classes that I have no business being interested in. I'm going to go on DATES! Yeah, I said it. I never even knew that this many cute, sweet, sincere guys existed in the universe. I guess I'm not used to having them around... But just a few days ago, the sweetest guy ever sat me down and talked to me for a while about why I was so nervous to meet people. He said, "You have no reason not to be confident. You have a lot going for you." And although I didn't fully believe him, it was just nice to hear and know that he was actually being real. I guess I really needed this whole college thing to show me that things can change. I honestly just DON'T CARE anymore. I don't care about the people from my past because they are there for a reason: I don't need them in my future. And if people choose to mistreat me or just don't care about me, then that's just one less thing to stress about because I can completely forget about them without a backward glance. So from now on, the only things that matter to me are school, true friends, and the people that are going to come into my life and stay there. I think this is going to be a really good thing. HELLO COLLEGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment